Skip to content
Oviatt Library

Oviatt Library Catalog

 
     
Title Winnetka Women's Club collection.
LOCATION CALL # STATUS
 Stored Special Collections & Archives  WWC  box 1    IN LIBRARY
 Stored Special Collections & Archives  WWC  box 2    IN LIBRARY
 Stored Special Collections & Archives  WWC  box 3    IN LIBRARY
  
Description 1.25 linear feet.
Access The collection is open for research use.
Note The Winnetka Women's Club was formed in December 1922 as the Ladies League of Little Landers. The organization later changed its name to the Weeks Community Women's Club, and finally to the Winnetka Women's Club on May 6, 1935. The minutes reveal a close-knit group whose members formed a bond of friendship and worked toward edification of the membership through guest speakers, programs, and special field trips. The club disganded in May 1990.
Summary Collection consists of record books containing minutes from the Executive Board, General Meetings, and the Garden Section of the Club proper. The minutes are primarily in longhand, and document the activities and proceedings of the Winnetka Women's Club.
Note Canoga-Owensmouth Historical Society; 1988.
Canoga-Owensmouth Historical Society; Gift; April 8, 1998, 98-12.
Subject Weeks, Charles.
Weeks, Alice.
Winnetka Women's Club (Winnetka, Los Angeles, Calif.)
Winnetka Women's Club (Winnetka, Los Angeles, Calif.) -- Archives.
California Federation of Women's Clubs.
Ladies League of Little Landers.
Weeks Community Women's Club.
Women -- Societies and clubs.
Canoga Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Winnetka (Los Angeles, Calif.)
San Fernando Valley (Calif.) -- History.
Related Names Winnetka Women's Club (Winnetka, Los Angeles, Calif.)
OCLC number 221295646